CHEAP GEEK PTY LTD- Service Payment Terms and Release of Liability applicable to Work Order Agreement
The CLIENT agrees to pay a minimum fee of $129.00 for CHEAP GEEK PTY LTD to come to the CLIENT’s location and render computer services. The minimum fee is inclusive of 60 minutes of on-site labour time. Any additional time is billed in 15min slots at $32.25. The CLIENT agrees to make payment for all charges immediately of an issue of the tax invoice for the service. Payments not rendered on time may be subject to additional late processing fees of up to 15% of the total due amount.
The CLIENT agrees that the terms and conditions that apply to CHEAP GEEK PTY LTD’s “No Fix No Fee” and “We Will Fix It or It’s FREE” policies, require that the
CLIENT accepts the solution that CHEAP GEEK PTY LTD recommends. Depending on the circumstances this may include the purchase of replacement hardware. If the CLIENT rejects CHEAP GEEK PTY LTD’s recommended solution, then the CLIENT will be liable for the labour charges incurred up to the point of the problem diagnosis.
The CLIENT permits CHEAP GEEK PTY LTD’s onsite representative to make a local phone call to CHEAP GEEK PTY LTD Level 2 support in case the representative requires escalation to expert remote support for assistance with troubleshooting the CLIENT’s problem.
Release of Liability
CLIENT AGREES TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS CHEAP GEEK PTY LTD, ITS AGENTS AND SERVICE REPRESENTATIVES FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY ASSOCIATED WITH THE PERFORMANCE OF SERVICE OR THE PROVISION OF PARTS AND ACKNOWLEDGES THAT CHEAP GEEK PTY LTD OFFERS NEITHER AN EXPLICIT OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE, FOR THE SERVICES PERFORMED OR THE PARTS PROVIDED, OTHER THAN THE MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY.
- The CLIENT acknowledges that due to the nature of the services being performed, there is a potential risk of damage or loss including, but not limited to, damage to the CLIENT’s office, home, business computer hardware, its cabling, hubs, routers, switches, peripherals, accessories, and furniture, as well as potential risk of damage, corruption, or loss of computer software, applications, data, and data storage media.
- The CLIENT agrees to release and hold harmless CHEAP GEEK PTY LTD and its representatives from all liability for damage or loss as well as any incidental or consequential material or financial damage or loss that may result from the actions of CHEAP GEEK PTY LTD, its agents or service representatives.
- The CLIENT grants CHEAP GEEK PTY LTD, its agents and service representatives, permission to physically access the CLIENT’s home or office property where the CLIENT’s computer system and/or network reside.
- The CLIENT grants CHEAP GEEK PTY LTD, its agents and service representatives, access, security rights, and permission to open, view, modify, edit, delete, or otherwise manipulate the CLIENT’s computer software, applications, data, and data storage media including, but not limited to, the computer Operating System, word processing, spreadsheets, databases, workflow, graphics, audio, video, system drivers and libraries, and any other type of software or data that may be contained on the CLIENT’s computer system or network.
- The CLIENT grants CHEAP GEEK PTY LTD, its agents and service representatives, access and permission to physically disassemble any and all computer systems, components, networks, cabling, hubs, routers, switches, peripherals, and accessories necessary to perform said services.
- The CLIENT grants CHEAP GEEK PTY LTD, its agents and service representatives, permission to install hardware on the CLIENT’s computer and/or network, including but not limited to, processor chips, memory chips, cooling fans, batteries, hard drives, tape drives, storage devices, modem and communication devices, audio and video cards, network interface cards, hubs, routers, switches, printers, scanners, cables, and any other hardware requested to be installed by the CLIENT.
- The CLIENT grants CHEAP GEEK PTY LTD, its agents and service representatives, permission to download and/or install software on the CLIENT’s computer and/or network, including but not limited to, virus scanners, diagnosis and repair utilities, drivers, libraries, and software requested to be installed by the CLIENT. CHEAP GEEK PTY LTD does not check for licensing compliance for any software provided by the CLIENT to be installed on their computer systems. It is the responsibility of the CLIENT to have proper licensing for any software provided. CHEAP GEEK PTY LTD reserves the right to refuse to install any software for which proper licensing cannot be demonstrated.
- CHEAP GEEK PTY LTD strongly advises the CLIENT to safeguard critical data by backing up said data prior to any services performed by CHEAP GEEK PTY LTD. Unless specifically requested and provided as a paid service by CHEAP GEEK PTY LTD, the CLIENT is responsible for any backup, archiving, or protective storage as well as restoration if required, of the CLIENT’s data.
- The Client also agrees they will not actively solicit work from any of CHEAP GEEK PTY LTD’s contractors or employees for computer-related services, without the prior approval of CHEAP GEEK PTY LTD. This agreement shall remain in force for one year, beginning with the date of client’s last completed service with CHEAP GEEK PTY LTD.
This agreement includes all geographic locations where CHEAP GEEK PTY LTD’s clients reside.
CHEAP GEEK PTY LTD is a provider of billable on-site services and does not offer or provide telephone technical support. Neither the signing of this agreement nor the performance of services by CHEAP GEEK PTY LTD implies availability of telephone technical support. This document constitutes the entire agreement between the CLIENT and CHEAP GEEK PTY LTD. No other agreement whether verbal or written shall be in effect except if agreed to and authorized in writing. The laws of the Commonwealth of Australia shall govern this contract. Any dispute concerning this agreement shall be heard within the Commonwealth of Australia. By signing below, the CLIENT acknowledges that he/she has read and understands and agrees to the terms of this Payment Terms and Release of Liability Form, which is kept on file at the offices of CHEAP GEEK PTY LTD in Brisbane, QLD.